Chris Gayle shredded the record books as one of the greatest knocks in cricket history by his sensational 66-ball 175 not out for Royal Challengers Bangalore against Pune Warriors at M Chinnaswamy Stadium in IPL on April 23, 2013. Gayle hammered a record 17 sixes, highest ever in cricket history.
Following is the list of records set by Gayle and RCB during the match:
* Chris Gayle hit the fastest century in IPL and Twenty20 history.
* His 100 took just 30 balls - fastest ever in any format of world cricket history beating Shahid Afridi’s 37 ball record in ODI.
* Gayle's 175 not out is the highest individual score in IPL and Twenty20 Cricket.
* Gayle broke Brendon McCullum's record of 158 not out which was scored on day one of IPL1 that set success of IPL
* He hit the fastest half century in IPL, in just 17 deliveries which equals ODI record of Sanath Jayasuriya against Pakistan at Singapore in 1996
* His 53 balls 150 the fastest in any form of cricket beating Saqlain Mushtaq (Pak)’s record of 78 balls against India.
* Gayle's 17 sixes in an innings is the most in any form of cricket.
* Gayle has become the first player in IPL history to hit 150 sixes.
* Gayle hit the longest six of IPL 6, at 119 meters.
* RCB's total of 263/5 in 20 overs is the highest team score in T20s.
* 21 sixes in RCB's innings is a record for a team in T20s.
* RCB recorded the fastest Team 100 ever in just 7.5 Overs.
* 167 - run partnership between Chris Gayle and Tillakaratne Dilshan is the highest for first wicket for T20s.